About Us /Contact

What is the LCSA?

LCSA info 2014

Friendly folks with a common interest in sailing and messing about in boats in general. Association membership is open to owners and non-owners of sailboats interested in all aspects of sailing – from learning to sail to relaxing cruising to exciting racing.

Yearly dues are $25.00 which goes towards the web site and picnic supplies

Racing dues are an additional $25.00 which goes towards trophies and maintenance of race related equipment.

Send an email to the Commodore if you would like more information or a Club Registration form.

Club Officers

Commodore – Christine Berven (commodore@lewisclarksailing.org)

Vice Commodore – Jerry Snell  (info@lewisclarksailing.org)

Secretary – Mary Fauci (info@lewisclarksailing.org)

Treasurer – Mary Fauci (info@lewisclarksailing.org)

Past Commodore - Mary McCollum

Committees

Race Committee – Don Chipman (info@lewisclarksailing.org)

Regatta Chairmen- Don Chipman  (info@lewisclarksailing.org)

Cruising:  Keith Smith (info@lewisclarksailing.org)

Webmaster – Tim Lynch (webmaster@lewisclarksailing.org)

What do we do?

Activities include monthly meetings, spring and fall races series, spring and fall regatta, summer cruising and picnics

Monthly Meetings

A time for socializing, telling of stories and informative programs, the meetings are held the first Thursday of each month.  For 2016, the meetings alternate between Rooster Landing restaurant, on the Snake River in Clarkson, WA and Hilltop Restaurant in Pullman, WA.  Dinner and Socializing at 5:30pm with the meeting starting at 6:00pm.

During the summer, the Club hosts picnics on the Snake River (hot dogs and beverages), at Chief Timothy Park 5 miles west of Clarkston, WA.  June August and September meetings are the first Saturday of the month and July’s meeting is the second Saturday.  BBQ starts a 6:00pm

Cruising / Fun Sailing

The Club host several cruises each year, from simply sailing from Hells Canyon Resort in Clarkston to Chief Timothy for summer meetings to an overnight full moon cruise to multiple day cruises down the Snake River.

During June, July and August, the Club also has the Wednesday Evening Fun Sails.  This is a time to just go out and enjoy the evening, or if the wind does not cooperate, a time to hang out on the docks and enjoy the company of fellow sailors.

Wednesday’s are the perfect time to discover sailing and affords the opportunity to learn to sail and experience several different types of sailboats

Racing

For those looking for a little competition, the Club host several racing opportunities each year, beginning with the Frostbite Series in February, March and April and ending with the Fall Series in October and November.

We also host two weekend long regattas each year – the Alex Bell in late April and the Annual Tribune Cup Regatta in mid September.  Both of these events attract sailors from all over the Northwest.

In addition to these events, many members tow their boats to regattas on several regional lakes.

11 Responses to About Us /Contact

1. sandra evans says:

Former sailor living in Moscow
    We have a box of very nice sailing magazines to donate.
    Anyone interested?
    Sandra

2. Gregory Raye says:

Hi! My name is Gregory and I work for Tri-State Outfitters in Lewiston. I’m interested in the boat parade and would like some more information.
    Please contact me @ 208-746-5307, or the email listed above.
    Thank You!

3. Glenn says:

Hi. We trailer sail a Mac 26D and are planning to come up to Idaho this summer in July. I don’t know anything about Idaho but I’ve seen a little online about Lake Pend Oreille and Lake Coeur D’Alene and those destinations look promising. Could someone direct me to some resources/advice about where to launch, places to see/visit, cruiser videos, websites, photo galleries, etc. ? I been looking on Google and YouTube and am surprised at how little info I’ve found. Your help would be much appreciated. My wife and I sail mostly on San Francisco Bay, local lakes and the San Juan Islands and have some photos and videos on or website at http://glennlisadoney.com/. Thanks again!

4. Webmaster says:

The lakes you are looking at are more than promising! Two of the greatest sailing destinations in Idaho. I’m forwarding your information to our cruise chairman to hopefully provide you with the info you are looking for. Thanks for visiting.

Tim Lynch
    LCSA Webmaster

5. Ed Simpson says:

I am secretary of the Lake Pend Orielle Yacht Club in Bayview, ID
    Two things…please pass on my email (lpoyced@aol.com) to Glenn as I can assist in passing on information about both lakes Coeur d’Alene and Pend Orielle to him…Second…Memorial Day weekend, LPOYC is holding the Goat Float Regatta, open to all boats who want to participate (we’d love to have your SJ21 fleet come up and race) I will be sending out flyers to club officers and webmaster to pass on to the membership, and would appreciate passing the information around. If you can’t bring a boat, but want to crew, opportunities are available for that too…for more information, please contact me at lpoyced@aol.com and I will be happy to provide any information I can
    Thanks Ed Simpson, LPOYC Club Secretary

6. Peggy Spector says:

Do you know where I could get sailing lessons (sailing camp) for my son who is 8 and loves sailing? He started lessons on Lake Travis in Austin TX and wanted to continue. We are willing to spend a week or two at Lake Cascade in a cabin or cottage. Is there anything on Lake Cascade that caters to families and learning to sail? I can’t seem to find anything online. Thanks, Peggy.

7. Webmaster says:

Peggy -
    Try contacting SISA. (Southern Idaho Sailing Association) @ http://www.idahosailing.com
    They sail on Cascade in the summer months. Try to get a hold of Commodore Keith Sander. I don’t have an email for him, but the website has a contact form.

8. Paul & Nancy Scharenbroich says:

We would like to learn how to sail. Do you have classes? My husband and I are from Sioux Falls and would love to stop and learn more boat sailing. Is their anything going on this Sunday the 26th to come watch or see? Would their be someone we could talk to about this…. Please provied name and number… Thank you Nancy 605-321-4542

9. Webmaster says:

Tim Lynch here . . . No sailing this weekend, blowing 25+ tonight and tomorrow. No racing scheduled for Nov 2 but might be out if weather is nice. We do not have any sailing classes, but we do have experienced sailors willing to teach. Next club meeting will be Nov 6 at Rooster’s in Clarkston.

10. Erik Eccles says:

Hi, I’m commenting on behalf of troop 122 of lewiston we are interested in doing a sail trip and we lost the contact information of someone who was on the club who we met while doing flags on main street said the club would enjoy hepping us to set up a program this summer.

11. roger says:

Just noticed your web site & want to get a little more info about your club.

Over the years I’ve been sailing one-design dinghies and small 20-25′ cabin sailboats.
    Currently, I have a 15′ dinghy which I built in Sequim.

Am curious about the make-up of your sailing group . . . dinghies ? cabin sailboats ? whatever ?

Thank you.